From Mary Ellen Coffey of Fitness For You Personal Training: I’m a Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA, ACE, AFAA), 4th degree black belt (Tae Kwon Do), HKC & IKFF Kettlebell certified, FMS certified and Pilates mat 1 & 2 trained instructor. I design balanced, effective training programs based on my clients goals and current fitness level.
5 Important Exercises You Can Do!
I know it’s hard to find time to squeeze in your exercise especially if you’re working full time and have a family!
But…..that’s when it’s most imperative to take time for “yourself” and take “care” of yourself. You deserve “you” time.
You may think it sounds selfish I know (take time for me? but I have so much to do!), but you’re not being selfish. You need to grab the time… you become a better you by taking care of yourself!
So….here are 5 exercises I know you can do to help yourself stay/get healthy and fit. Do them in your bedroom, in your bathroom, laundry room, kitchen, back yard, baby room….anywhere!
It’s worth it….you can do this.
Do each exercise for 30 seconds than rest 10 seconds and move on to the next exercise!
- Squats (butt back as you squat down, thighs parallel to floor, keep chest forward, push thru heels to stand up & squeeze butt cheeks together tight at the top, yes it matters!)
- Push Ups (on your knees or with hands on the counter, anyway you want, it’s all good!)
- Reverse Fly Squeeze (stand tall arms out in front of body shoulder height, palms up, keep arms straight, thumbs pointing back, bring arms back and squeeze your shoulder blades together)
- Plank Knee Touch (Plank position on forearms, body is straight than touch knees carefully to floor and back up to straight plank position)
- Supermom (4 point position: knees and hands on floor, back flat, extend right arm forward and extend left leg back, hips stay pointed towards floor, reach and stretch, alternate right side and left side)
There you have it, five dynamite exercises! Circuit through one to three times, which ever your schedule may allow for that day! Try this 3 or 4 times per week to help build not only important body awareness but also important base strength (along with burning unhealthy calories and building healthy lean muscle). You can get it done!
Please, any questions and feedback are encouraged!